Wednesday, March 19, 2008

American Idol - top 11


Here's my weekly Idol run down.


Amanda Overmyer - “Back in the USSR” - she picked the right song but I still just am not feeling her. I did however love the cut of her jeans. and the vest, shirt thing. Loved it.


Kristy Lee Cook - “You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away” - SHE MISSED THE SAME NOTE OVER AND OVER AND OVER, she did fine with the "hey you've got to" and then every single time she sang give about two notes lower than it's supposed to be, I know she thought that was right but EVERY time she did it I cringed. I saw that Randy noticed. we need to hang out. ;)


David Archuleta - “The Long And Winding Road” - I love this song. and the kid knocked it out of the park. I really would like to see him rock out or do something a little different.


Michael Johns - “A Day In The Life” - you know I love him but this week was a no go. it was sloppy, he seemed detached and I am bummed because this guy is amazing and I don't feel like we're seeing it.


Brooke White - “Here Comes The Sun” - My dad loved her. I wanted to smack the cutesy out of her. MAN THAT IS ANNOYING! go back to the Carly Simon type vibe PLEASE!!!


David Cook - “Daytripper” - He did Frampton and Richie Sambora proud. ;) Loved EVERY SINGLE BIT OF IT! May even buy it on itunes.


Carly Smithson - “Blackbird” - Simon completely didn't get it and I don't say that often. It was heartfelt and beautiful.


Jason Castro - "Michelle" - oooh scary but he did great! you try busting out in French! great pronunciations of the french but please stop with the bright EEEEEE, MEEEECHELLE hurt my head. The rest was great. He seems like a really really sweet kid.


Syesha Mercado - “Yesterday” - Beautiful, stunning. but I don't know what to do with her. There's some folks that are better than her. I will tell you though, that dress was a show stopper.


Ramiele Malubay - “I Should’ve Known Better” - ehhh. not even good enought

I didn't dig tonight. I don't know if it's just too much Beatles in a row or what but I felt like the whole show had this funk on it.


So what did you think? who's on their way out?

1 comments:

Real Life Sarah said...

ITA with your assessment! I am an Idol addict!