Monday, December 17, 2007

A few pretty shots from the best day of my life...

Well, my fellow blogger BooMama is doing a "Christmas Tour of Homes" and I figured, hey my house still isn't decorated this year because dangit, I've been planning a wedding. I thought however that a few pictures of the most beautiful Christmas time wedding I've ever seen (if I do say so myself) would be in order! We just tied the knot last weekend (December 8) and I'm please to share our fun day with all of you!
Here we are together, Cori, Niki, Me, Bill, Keith, Mikayla, Shawn, Ros and Jay
My favorite shot of the day, the kiss picture was taken in the first moments of him seeing me, he was speechless, which isn't normal.
"THE" ultimate cupcakes, red velvet, raspberry filled, cream cheese frosted beauties, don't forget the hand piped snowflakes on each one. I may have gained about 20 pounds from eating leftover cupcakes.
our dresses ready for action!
the cocktail tables in the reception area, tall (42" tables) with black linens and covered with black and ivory toile paper squares, topped with candles and a mint julep floral centerpiece (standard red, black beauty roses with lime green hypericum, orchids and greens)

The first rush of kids at the hot cocoa table, man was that a hit! We had carafes of cocoa, whip cream, sprinkles, candy canes, flavored coffee creamers (egg nog, peppermint, etc) it was amazing! I didn't dare with the ivory dress but I know those kids had a great time!
imagine the lighting softer, all we had lighting the space was the christmas lights and candles, it was beautiful!
Keith, Mikayla and I doing our sand ceremony. We are a really blended family now!
our sand ceremony table with our marriage license and mistletoe ball. Oh yeah and I handpainted the KJ and at the last minute had no where to use it, it works here right?
Don't we look like we're listening so intently!
My hubs is in the sunglass industry, can you tell? This is our departure to our awaiting car! Everyone was ringing their ringers, and as expected, Keith could not hear them. Oh well, I loved it! I better like it, I have about 200 ringers left, anyone want a snowflake, jingle bell tree ornament? I have a few!

For my regular readers, here is your notice, barring a massive newlywed kiss session, I should be posting about a gagillion photos tonight. Reine and Dean have finished and given me THREE disks worth of photos to share! YAY!

23 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

congrats!!!

My holiday slide show tour is THIS WAY

Cori Lewis said...

These are amazing!! I can't wait to see more!!

on the Rock said...

Oooo a wedding tour and a Christmas tour - that's too special:)

Unknown said...

Oh what fun... I think I'll come back for the wedding pics. I love weddings. (That are not mine!) ;)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely Christmas wedding!! Congrats!

Jeri ~ said...

I love Christmas weddings! Yours was beautiful, thanks for sharing and congratulations!

Love Bears All Things said...

This was a special surprise during my Christmas home tour. Thanks for sharing your special day with us. I love the kiss picture with the candle light in the background.
Mama Bear

Jessica said...

What a neat "tour!" Congrats! God bless!

Unknown said...

I love it...a Christmas wedding that is truly the best. I love the dresses and the whole idea of this wedding. Thank you so much for sharing this, I love this post the best!! Merry Christmas and I hope you and your husband has the best Christmas. Blessings, Karen

Meredith said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful ceremony! All of the details are perfect. I love your red coat! Merry Christmas!

Phillips Family said...

I love a good Christmas wedding. The hot chocolate bar was a genuis idea!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl!! I know I would LOVE one of your ringers!! since we left before hand. (Sarah would too ;))

I LOVE all these pictures!! what a beautiful ceremony!! Everything was perfect!

Nadine said...

What a beautiful bride you made. A Christmas wedding is so lovely. Have a Merry Christmas.

Monica Wilkinson said...

Love all the pix! Can't wait to see more - you look beautiful and everything just looks magical!

Amber @ RuffleButts said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful time of year to tie the knot. And I have to agree...a hot chocolate bar - genuis!!

The Spaids said...

Hey, I don't think any of my pictures are as good as the ones Dean took, but if you want copies, just let me know. We'll be at Alderwood for 1st service on 12/29. I can bring a CD for you.

The Daileys said...

Oh! I would love a dozen ringers!!!! Snowflakes are my theme for my tree and those would not only be beautiful, but it would be such a precious reminder of the wedding I didn't get to go to, but felt like I was such a part of!!! Can I send you postage????

YOur pictures are so wonderufl and I have enjoyed every one of them. Definately planning a Seattle zoo trip with Tammy and her family and we are dragging you and your new family there if it kills us!!!

kimi said...

Sarah, any time. we'll make it happen if it fits in the retail schedule ;)

Melissa, bring any photos you have! I'd love them.

Janelle said...

Thanks for the Christmas wedding tour! It looks like it was a beautiful day.

The Daileys said...

You guys are slaves to the retail schedule too???? Well, we will just have to make it work ;) Check my blog cause I left you a picture of my own Christmas snowflake obsession....

Mama C said...

Congrats on your wedding! Wishing you a blessed life together. Merry Christmas!

bbeth said...

Your flower girls looked like lovely poinsettias - it was all so sweet - and the hot cocoa table too...I loved it all thanks so much for the special holiday wedding tour.
bonnie beth

Megan O. said...

What a beautiful wedding. Isn't this such a special time of year to get married? We got married in December too, actually today is our seventh anniversary! I loved your hot chocolate table and your red coat as you were leaving, so pretty.
God bless your new marriage!