Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The beautiful glow of candlelight. or something like that.

Well, I didn't get up ANYTHING last night, we were laptop shopping most of the evening and I just didn't make it happen last night. Here's some new delights for you all!

A little background on the best picture ever...

Keith was let into the church and told to wait with his eyes closed for me to walk in (before the wedding, we had to take pictures right!!) I walked in and he didn't say a word. NOT A WORD! I was waiting for a gasp or a oh my goodness how beautiful you look but I guess the speechless thing is even better?? anyway. they let us talk (took a ton of pictures) and I asked if I was allowed to kiss him, they let me. I call this pucker face. I have the hollywood kiss going on and Keith, yep, the pucker face. He says he was worried about my makeup. I can give him that one. ;)

So the real one and only glitch of the wedding??? also seen in this picture. The candles. The candles that nearly burnt down the oldest church in Lynnwood.

We rested the fake mantle against the doors (you can kinda tell in some of the later shots) and then set the candles on it. Well, they were WAY WAY WAY too close to the wall. with electrical right above it, and an assistant fire marshall in the crowd. Please people, don't play with fire around a fireman and numerous guests. We should have done a trial run to check it but I didn't think about it.

Note to all: fire, next to a wall with electrical, not good.

As we were dismissing our friends and family, said friend fireman told me he had already spotted the fire extinguisher and was planning his next move. That would have been some show.

It sure is pretty with all that glow!

See how close to the wall! and behind the KJ up above it, is two electrical sockets.

2 comments:

The Spaids said...

What's a little fire to help you remember your big day? =)

Do you remember the ambulance after our wedding? Tyler's grandma fainted and someone called it. It's in the background of some of our shots of the receiving line.

kimi said...

yes I do. everyone has to have their fun right?