Wednesday, April 16, 2008

the saga that is my ring finger...

I don't know if I'm the ONLY one that this has happened to but here goes. Ah you bloggy friends I need some advice!

I have a skin funk under my ring. There I've said it.

It has gotten so bad that for the last 3 weeks (until yesterday) I did not wear my beautiful precious ring. In it's place was a piece of gauze with a bandaid over it. A slightly less beautiful thing to wear on my finger.

The cracked mad at me skin has almost all the way healed so yesterday on went the ring.

From what I can figure every time I wash my hands (which is pretty frequent) I get water under my ring and it doesn't dry very quickly, it could also be the soap from this here office. Which aint great. I don't want to take it off to wash my hands but the last few days I've been RELIGIOUS about taking it off to dry it and my hands very well after the hand washing.

So this morning I went to get breakfast at the Grand Central Bakery and the service staff there likes tips from what I can tell! They are SO nice (trust me I'm not the only one here who has had a wonderful experience there) So I ordered and we were chatting and just as I moved to go farther down the counter the gal that was making my food stopped and put her hands over her eyes and said "put that thing away before you blind someone!" I'll say it took me a second, I finally realized she was being cute about my ring and the whole staff then had to come over and ooh and ahh over it. So cute. and good coffee AND for 2.95 I had egg on toast, half an almond croissant and half an orange. they're good stuff. They're so good that I was back there for lunch today. They make a grinder with Salumi Salami and Beechers Cheese. It's a Seattle mega lunch!

Gotta love a ring compliment. Thanks honey for the pretty ring.

5 comments:

The Daileys said...

I know this may sound weird, but there is a great cream that I used when breastfeeding that kept *ahem* certain areas dry and healthy. It is called Lansinoh Cream and I highly recommend it... (copy and paste: http://www.amazon.com/Ameda-17201-Lansinoh-Lanolin-Hygienic/dp/B000BUQO6S/ref=pd_bbs_9?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1208394986&sr=8-9 ) It may help with your ring finger and won't hurt the eye-popper of a ring :) Let me know whatyou think if you check it out!

Monica Wilkinson said...

I found this happening after I had Emily and was washing my hands WAY more than normal and it was winter! Anyway, I used Eucerin hand cream on it and continued to wear my ring and it cleared up in a few days. Every now and then it comes back and I use the lotion again and it goes away.
Being faithful about drying under your ring when washing your hands will help too!

The Kaemingk's said...

Kim! I totally have this same problem. My skin starts to look all scaley and cracked. The only solution I found is to take my ring off at night. I have a safe place I put it and every night I take it off and every morning put it back on. I definitely think the skin gets wet and then doesn't dry, plus it just can't breathe. Taking it off at night has fixed my weird skin problems.

Mom Linda said...

You and Heather got your grandmother's genes!

Anonymous said...

Simple. Like someone else said; take it off at night. I did that and have never had the problem since (although before I started taking it off at night I had the same thing you are talking about).