Tuesday, July 01, 2008

ACC 4th of July Picnic! (now on the Sunday before but whatever)

Sunday was my last day of teaching the 4th grade boys for the school year, I hated to say good bye to a couple of them ;) no, I had a great year. Kieth was there about 25% of the time which was nice to have him lead when he was there but I've had that same table for 5 years now and I'm close to being able to handle them.

after Sunday school we hustled to my parents where I had stashed our food for the church picnic! Keith met us at the house, helped me get stuff ready and off we went to Lynndale park.

It was hot. it was miserably hot. and I don't do hot.

I brought home made chicken picatta, there was none left when I made it to the food. hope it was good. ;)

here's my one bit of whining and complaining. The church moved the picnic from the fourth to the sunday before hoping to get more people out there. There were lots of people there, I'll give them that but there was no pick up softball game because the field was booked for a little league all star game, there was no room to play bocce but, the kids games were great, we didn't feel like we had to stay all day BUT the biggest downer? by having it the weekend before the fourth my parents miss out on the picnic because they are on their annual trip to Lake Perrygyn. I'd rather have it on the dang fourth but I got outvoted. oh wait, it wasn't a vote.

Mikayla beating the heat with the spray bottle!

noodle tag, if you got hit by a noodle you had to freeze.



Mikayla and Jess on the tire swing.




0 comments: