Wednesday, July 02, 2008

frugal party ideas for Mom

We have a limited budget for this soiree and I'm trying to come up with easy inexpensive impactful decorations for Mom's party. I'd love any help, here's what I have to start...


tissue poms hanging from the ceiling and smaller balls on the food tables, in a funky corner here and there in the billiards room, you name it. Hot pink and orange are very very easy to find.

maybe not this complicated but photos printed on vellum and lit with a candle. There's a couple places I can envision this working.

ok, not QUITE this over the top, but the idea of it with my votive holders and a couple stems of dahlia on the big coffee table right at the entrance.

I've also got a nice collection of pink glass I plan to use, bowls, vases and a few smaller pieces to intermix.

Anyone have any great ideas? classy, hot summer afternoon, flowers, etc.

Also, does anyone know where I can get punch jars like martha stewart uses? they look like giant versions of my apothocary jars? any ideas? I want to have a couple different punches and use it as a focal point.

2 comments:

Angelina said...

everything looks fun. I dont know exactly what large apothecary jars are but we bought very large green glass jars at costco last year for our wedding. unfortunately we donated them to lorraine's parents since we didnt see any use for huge punch jars...otherwise i would give them to you. did i tell you our wedding was at lorraine's parents house? and her wedding was 2 weeks later...and she is due NOW with a baby. Anyway..if i did...there it is again. Its too bad you arent using light blue and brown because we have quite a few things left from the wedding. Including a million light blue heart candles with an L on them for our last name. weddings...what a deal!

Nan said...

I love your idea Kim, of the picture on velum and then with a candle. VERY COOL! Hey, we'll see you at family camp...AWESOME WEEK!!! ~Nan