Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Works for me Wednesday - Chicken Piccata 5 ingredients!

Works for me Wednesday this week is highlighting recipes with 5 ingredients (or less) and being that I tried one this weekend (well there's a couple more than 5 but barely) I thought I'd share!

Chicken Picatta


1/4 cup capers (with some of the brine too!)

1 large lemon

1 cup of chicken stock

2- cloves garlic, run through the press

16-20 chicken tenders (use most of the bag from safeway)

flour to coat the chicken and olive oil for the pan

In a large zip loc bag place the chicken and the flour and shake to coat. Put 2-3 Tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet, place in chicken (coated in flour) and brown on both sides.

Zest your lemon and squeeze out all the juice into a measuring cup. to to the lemon juice add your 1 cup of chicken stock and the 2 Tbsp of brine from the capers. Set aside.

When the chicken is brown, take out of pan and dump in your liquid ingredients, making sure to get the yummy brown bits incorporated into the sauce. Let sauce come to a boil and simmer until liquid has reduced (about half)

add to sauce garlic, lemon zest and capers, bring up to heat and add back your chicken. Stir to coat and serve.

It's my new favorite hope you like it!

And the other thing we made this week? Ok people it's been hot here. Saturday the inside of my condo was unbearable and I remembered something pretty fun from my childhood. We made koolaid popsicles in the ice tray. Mikayla loved it and I hope you all try it!

Have fun beating the heat!

1 comments:

Heart of Wisdom said...

This looks good.

I can't wait to try this.
robin@heartofwisdom
http://www.heartofwisdom.com/heartathome/