Friday, August 01, 2008

Melease

Last night, Cori and I arrived early for the dinner, my work/bus schedule and she had an errand to run ahead of time meant that we both arrived about 30 minutes before the crew. We grabbed a table in the bar to talk (cause we can always manage to do that!) and I looked across the bar and saw this girl that looked JUST like my friend from College. Waiting tables? Couldn't be...

So the bartender comes back to us and I ask him, Is that girls name Melease? He turns around and says "yeah, do you know her?"

KNOW HER! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!

Melease was one of my first real friends when I moved to Walla Walla. She and I cheered together for two years (6 days a week, 7 months a year, you get to know your girls!). I stayed with her family when I came back early for cheer in the summer before Fall quarter. Her Mom was our coach, and the Dean of Students and my Mom while I was there. And every time I see a Rottweiler I think about her dog Spencer. Her Mom taught me my famous snicker salad!

Melease took me to my first college parties, she was the one that invited me over to the party where I met my ex husband (maybe I should kick her for that...). She made me wait tables with her at a steak house in Milton Freewater. She could carry 6 cast iron skillets of steak out and I'd drop the two I was given. I remember more than a few nights laughing, crying, yelling at each other... yeah, I might know her.

But she'd fallen off the planet, I hadn't seen her in probably 8 years? But it was so fun to see her! She gave me her contact info and I'm going to make her come out for coffee to catch up. So much has happened in the 8 years for me, I can just imagine her too!


0 comments: