Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Dining room lighting delima

Ok, I'll admit it, I'm frugal. some would say cheap. but I like to get alot of bang for my buck and I'm a careful girl!


Our dining room has a cap where lighting can be installed (say a chandelier or what have you) and I've got a great idea but no idea how to implement...

here's what I LOVE...




The top two are my absolute favorite but I love the versatility of the third...
I found a tutorial on the one below:


her inspiration:

http://www.apennysavedblog.com/2009/06/diy-chandelier-tutorial.html

What she came up with:


have any of you messed with lighting? it looks like with a few parts and some muscle this is possible. have you seen anything? I'd like to keep the project under 50$ so that I have some room in the budget to paint the dining room wall and do an inexpensive window treatment in there too...
HELP!!!



3 comments:

Miller Moments said...

I saw your blog on facebook and popped over to check it out. I'm not sure if it's exactly what you are looking for but IKEA has something like this and I think it's only $16.99. Not sure if it's the right look or size for you though. But maybe you could alter it to look the way you want it to, with a new shade or fabric or something.....

Kristi Miller (I work in cubbies with Cori ...in case you don't remember me. :))

kimi said...

Gonna have to check that out! Thanks (and I do know you!)

The Daileys said...

Girl, I love your style! Whatever you end up with is gonna rock!