Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Vancouver - Part 1


We started our adventure to Vancouver with a trip to the Everett clinic to get Keith cleared for travel after his fun day with Kidney Stones, they gave us the all clear and off we went!

We took the scenic route up Chuckanut and it did not disappoint! The tide was super low so at the first view point we could look out and see the oysters at Taylor Shellfish, I've never seen that before. So great. We had a nice time chit chatting and heading up to the border.

We made it up and through the traffic and got to our hotel, interesting story, when using priceline make sure you're sure about which area of town you want your hotel in, ours was ok, not fantastic but we had fun anyway. We stayed at the Coast over by Stanley Park, the rooms were like little apartments with small kitchenettes and living rooms. Definitely doable. We only had one night so we took a recommendation from a friend for dinner and Keith was a trooper, we headed to Sha-Lin noodle house, I loved it, Keith wasn't thrilled. Lesson learned, when in a strange town, don't go for the most exotic thing you can find...

We finished the evening with a walk down to the safeway a couple blocks from our hotel to get Mikayla her special Canada request: Pickle potato chips and Ketchup potato chips. I rounded it out with tim tams (my fav) and ketchup. why ketchup? it's sweeter in canada and I love it. I stocked up and we're set for a while...


Friday morning I took Keith to a breakfast place I had researched... Paul's Omlettry. It was delish! Keith got a pancake breakfast and I got blackstone eggs benedict (bacon on the eggs benedict instead of ham) it was killer!
My favorite part of the breakfast? when you order coffee or tea, you are asked if you want milk or cream. HECK YES! CREAM! I'm moving.


0 comments: