Thursday, June 24, 2010

Vancouver/Whistler Part 2

The next leg of our journey (after a very big breakfast...) was to Granville Island. I don't know how I've gone this long in my life without going there. rediculous! It's like Pike Place on superdrive!

The poppies had JUST arrived (first of the season) when we arrived and I nearly lost my mind. These pics are just my phone pics, my camera pics are even better!

Granville has all the "market" feel of Pike with the addition of MUCH more prepared food, meats and salads, etc as well as hand crafted items. I could seriously spend a week going through the place but Keith hit his max at a little over an hour. it was a great trip!
also there... lily of the valley! gorgeous!

Next stop on our journey was to Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge. it's a little smaller than Capilano, but free! and the hike on the other side of the bridge was fantastic! We hiked DOWN (and down) to a spot on the river that pooled up this beautiful color, blue, green, I don't know how to describe it other than the most beautiful deep rich color of aqua! we knew it was going to be a bear to get back up after climbing down the hill and the stairs but about half way through...
THIS started getting real old... climbing back up these stairs nearly did me in, but it was gorgeous and totally worth it, the weather was great and spending time with Keith was fun, he was in rare form...
and can I just say KUDOS to me... I hate heights, hate bridges over water and I walked tentitively at first over the suspension bridge but by the time we were leaving I was running across it, not thinking about my fear, just enjoying the beautiful place. YAY!

I highly suggest Lynn Canyon, the visitor center was amazing, the suspension bridge is stunning and the hikes around are great and fairly easy.

0 comments: