Thursday, July 01, 2010

ideas for Mikayla's bday...

in part one of this series.... just kidding. I'll be posting a few ideas I have for Mikayla's party. this however is supposed to be a fairly hands off party as we're paying a "place" to do the party. I'm responsible for treats, cake, basic decor and drink (the easy stuff!)

so we're going with Purple, Green and Yellow.... no real theme other than fun bright colors at this point...

I'm ordering candy and treats in those colors but I think I'm going to go handmade on some of the treats. My recent candy making experience has me thinking I could handle this...

so idea number 1:


http://www.twigandthistle.com/blog/2010/06/chocolate-dipped-rice-crispy-popsicles/

ripped off from one of my favorite websites (twig and thistle) is these really cute rice crispy treat popsicles. I think I'll use dyed white chocolate (purple and green) to dip them in and then I'll wrap them in cello bags tied off with ribbon as a take home treat.

I'm also working on little boxes of colored candies and treats (HUNTING FOR GREEN BOUNCY BALLS!!!) and little prizes and such in the right colors for favors.

Stay tuned, more ideas to come.

0 comments: