Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The big change in our home...

Let me preface this post by telling you this is probably the first and last you'll hear me talk about this subject because normally, I hate when people focus on their diets, health fads, etc. but with the big changes we've started I thought I'd share some of the new loves of my life :) it's the off season of softball and Keith and I have decided that we need to get our lives organized, shed some baggage (weight and stuff) and do a all around purge this fall/winter.

I started this 5 weeks ago when I finally decided to get on track with my fitness/body image. My goal is not weight related, my goal is to be able to chase my kiddo (who is getting VERY fast mind you) without getting winded, my goal is to have a healthy diet that will keep me healthy. Lord knows my genetics are stacked against me so why make it worse! The weight? well that's a bonus. This week I will hit the 10lbs lost marker and it only gets better from there.

So meet my new friends, Weight Watchers and VEGETABLES!! at first I had to force feed myself veg and now I've figured out how to sneak them into almost everything! Watch for some recipes that we've found that we LOVE!


Meet my other new friend. The Danskin weight ball. Keith and I are working with this little bit of loveliness every night, we've started out with small time and reps and our goal is to work up to 50 reps with the three excersizes we're doing. All in the hopes to get my swing up to knocking the ball out of the park next season! I really thought I'd hate this but I'm having a fun time with my hubs and that's always a good thing!


Meet our other new friend. The Wii Fit. I'm telling you right now, this stupid thing has changed my life. I RUN home to get on the thing. I'm learning Yoga poses (I RULE at the Warrior) and I'm working on my balance which is just horrible. I love to hula hoop, I LOVE to do the ski jump and I'm the step aerobics champ in the house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Kim! this is great! I am right here with ya & I will be praying for you! I cant wait to see some of your veggie recipes ;)

Kristina said...

WAY TO GO!! I need to get back on track too!