Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What a fantastic weekend!

First off I have to apologize because I was SO busy with everything that I did not take but two pictures all weekend. There were shutterbugs everywhere though so soon enough I'll post photographic evidence of my fantastic weekend!

Friday night started with a paper airplane contest here at the office. Which I won. yep. totally smoked the hoity toity architects ;) My plane was simple and fun and crushed the goal of throwing from the mezzanine of our office into our lobby.

Friday night I headed for home, collected the projects I needed to finish that evening and headed to my parents house to see Niki, Greg and Addie who had flown up from LA that afternoon. Finished the melon kabobs (thanks to the rest of the family because I had some crazy allergic reaction to the melon?) made a few more tissue balls and all of the other odds and ends got tied up too.

Saturday morning I went to my WW meeting, (lost .9 more!) and then to the grocery store to get the items for the punch, the party store to get the balloons and then Fred Meyer to get the sticky stuff to put up the sign and tissue balls.

I arrived back at the condo at just about 10am, got everyone up and showered and cute and then we collected all of the party stuff and headed down to the cabana to meet my parents and sister and the rest of the family and get the room ready for the party!

Food out, decor up, game ready and off we went into party mode!

I'll post more party info upon arrival of photos! My sister, cousin and uncle are all supposed to be getting photos to me so hopefully tomorrow. It was beautiful and my Mom had a great birthday!

Sunday we headed out to Belfair state park to camp with my Parents and sis and bro in law (and neice) and we had a great ferry ride/drive over, the campground is stunning, but it rained. and rained some more. It got so bad that yesterday we headed into town to bowl and hang out at the mall because there was nothing we could do at camp in the rain!

We came home last night, dropped off Mikayla just after 8 and came home and just passed out. What a fantastic weekend!

1 comments:

The Daileys said...

I'm so glad your mom's party went well and not so glad that you got rained out camping. I hear that we may see you this weekend camping! I hope it's true...

Way to go on the paper airplane- hilarious that you beat out the architechts! LOL!