Friday, August 22, 2008

This coming school year could be my favorite yet!

Some of you know that I work with our church's AWANA program and Sunday school and in my ideal world what is shaping up to happen this coming school year is exactly what I've always wanted!

For 4-5 years I've been working with boys on Sundays, the need was great and I had so much fun being a tom boy with them but alas, I'm burnt out on boys. This last year put me right over the edge, it wasn't because the boys were bad or any different than any other year, I'm just different. So I was ready to take a year off and do some adult things, an adult sunday school class perhaps? but that never felt right either.

Our childrens director was totally with me and understood, we were talking about me working every other Sunday or some such, I don't know that she knew that I'd rather be with the girls but she must have had some divine wisdom.

She called last week and left a message and I called her back yesterday to find out that...Next school year? Sundays I'll have a group of 4th grade girls AND a helper who used to be one of my Awana girls so let's say we know each other. Wednesdays I'll stick with the 3rd graders (I love the newbies!). I hope to make bonds with these ladies and be there for them with their questions, prayers and hopes.

I'm so stinkin excited! Bring on the school year!

0 comments: