Friday, September 26, 2008

my ketchup wall! the how to...

I'll start from the beginning. First off, this DARK DEEP RED, that was a feat on it's own. I painted a primer coat, then three coats of the red. I painted it so thick that alot of my edging came up when I took off the tape (and then had to be hand done)

Here's the wall. I just love it.
Then I spent a couple evenings putting the whisk up just where I wanted it on the wall. I purchased the vinyl art from a lady on etsy.com. If you don't know about etsy, it's my favorite website in the known world. It's like ebay only everything is hand made! amazing.
Once it was where I wanted it I did the rub and then carefully began to take off the backing, All while using my fingers to make sure that the whisk was adhering the way I wanted it to.


And here's the finished project! all my red pots and pans and my aqua accents look so amazing.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it. I want to have the guts to put up things like that in my home!
Katrina in AZ

Anonymous said...

wow thats great!!!!

Julie said...

Love the wisk, too cute. I found your blog via Homespun Heart via Biblical Womanhood. It caught my eye because my blog's name speaks of our blessings as well. I was excited to see that you are from just North of where I grew up though I live a little South of there now. Take care!