Monday, February 04, 2008

Saturday was one step away from CHRISTMAS!!

Saturday morning Keith and I got up and went up and picked up Mikayla, we then came down and had IHOP (Mikayla's request) and then hung out for a bit. Keith went to work right around noon and Mikayla and I headed out to Macy's!

Once or twice a year Macy's has 20% off EVERYTHING remaining on your bridal registry so we took them up on the offer. We had two things to return (duplicate gifts) and lots of gift cards (people were so generous!) to use so I figured we'd do even better by doing it when it was 20% off so I've been waiting!
We got these cute cannisters (that match the rest of the Martha turquoise and red kitchen we now have)
And I got the flutes that started the whole registering at Macy's thing. I fell in love with them and was so excited to bring them home! We were only going to register at Target and then Martha opened her line at Macy's JUST in time. Dang you Martha. you have great taste!
And the blue baking mat, I'm excited, I've never had one. Sounds like time for some valentine cookies!

And we finished our dishes! we now have 12 plates, 12 salad plates and 12 of the best bowls EVER!

We also picked up some bright red dish towels and a couple little gadgets.

I'm so excited to get home and wash and unpack everything. I feel so spoiled!

5 comments:

Greg, Niki and Addie said...

lovin' the canisters.

Mom Linda said...

You are so thrifty! Good job on making the best of what you had been given :-)

heidi @ ggip said...

I love those stores that actually let you complete your registry.

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

Oh, what fun stuff! If Martha had had a line of housewares when I got married, I definitely would have registered at that store!

That baking mat looks nice. Much easier to deal with than my 40-pound marble pastry board. Dang, that thing is heavy!

I really like your dishes. White is fun because you can use any color of linens.

Anonymous said...

Those canisters are too cute!