Monday, March 17, 2008

Not your Grandma's church???

I'm going to work REALLY hard to get my point across without offending anyone. If you are offended call me we'll talk.

Let's say I know someone who is a pastor at a hip and upcoming church. Let's say this person catagorizes his new church as "not your mom's or grandma's church" I know he probably didn't mean to offend with that comment but here's the deal.

I am proud to attend my mom's (and dad's) church. I'm proud of the fact that our church has families of many generations who all worship together, help raise each others children and have shown me throughout my life the meaning of fellowship and family.

I am proud that there are people at the church that know where I came from. That remember me in the nursery. That remember what I was like in high school. That were there for me in good and bad times. Oh yeah, and I like hymns and I hate loud music. I guess I'm just stuffy.

So sorry, I'm glad I go to my mom's and grandma's church and I think there's something to that.

I'm glad I'm raising my daughter in her mom's and grandma's church too.

2 comments:

Cori Lewis said...

I love our church and I completely agree!!! the funny thing is I saw it on the news last night and then saw your post!! too funny.

Givinya De Elba said...

You are so right! Without our Mom's and Grandma's Churches, we probably wouldn't have freedom to worship in the first place. This poor pastor - he may be hip and upcoming, but he has truly lost touch with something very special and extremely important in the Christian faith. I liked your thoughts in this post!
Kate from Queensland, Australia.
http://friendlyblackandwhitedog.blogspot.com/