Monday, July 28, 2008

Better than premarital counseling

I've decided the best way to find out how well a couple is going to work out is to have them build something together. Be it Ikea or in our case a Target dining room table and chairs. I think they should make you do this at your marriage encounter class or your one on one visits with your pastor. Only he can't help...

I ordered this gorgeous table and chairs to fit in our little cute dining room. I have had my eye on this thing for months and it finally went on a really good sale (30% off AND free shipping). It came in one GIGANTIC box. Evil sign number one...

Keith drug it in off the porch and brought it into our dining room and we started hacking into the 4 times covered box. Talk about over packaging but it came safe so that's all I care about!

My husband is not normally handy but man is he getting good! He put together 3 chairs and the table (with my assistance in handing him pieces and tools) and we did great (he also changed light bulbs this week!)

Last night we sat at the table for dinner. Real live dinner at the table. what a great thing. And it fits in the room so nicely that the room looks BIGGER!

0 comments: