Friday, July 25, 2008

Marina is home!

Marina was discharged yesterday. Wohoo! She's home resting, not quite comfortably but resting.

Keith and Mikayla went up for her soccer game and then went to their house for visit. Sounds like she's doing much better, just healing and getting that blood count back up. Keith says she's still pale in the hands (for a tan gal pale is strange I'm sure). They had quite a talk. Something we've been praying about for a long time.

We've been praying for Marina and our family and friends have been so wonderful to her (and our little strange family) and it's not going unnoticed. The chaplain stopped by to visit with her and asked if she goes to a church and she said that while no she didn't her ex husband, daughter and me are very involved in a wonderful church that had great people. So thank you guys, you're showing Jesus in your actions and it's definitely making an impression. Some of you sent cards to her in the hospital, I know who you are. Thank you. She needed that and so did we.

Keep praying for her, she's got a long healing road ahead of her to get back to work! We're working out what to do with Mikayla next week. If anyone can help out with watching her we'd take any help we can get. My Mom is working out what she can and Keith will take one day off next week but we're hoping to put the word out there and find someone for next week, even half a day.

1 comments:

Nan said...

Hey Kim....did I mention I love your blog? So much fun to read....keep it up! :) Hey, call me if you still need help with Mikayla....it's easier to talk on the phone while I look at my calendar....let me know if you still need help, and I'll do what I can. Thanks, Nan (425-787-9386)