Friday, July 25, 2008

Fairy party time!



The birthday party planning is well underway. Last minute...


We're doing a fairy party for Mikayla on the 2nd. BBQ at our cabana, pool, hot tub, games, the Wii (more on that later) and two little crafts but for the most part, not as big of a thing as I've done in years past.


So I was looking for an easy inexpensive gift to give everyone (kids and adults) and look what I found (click the picture for the link to the tutorial on how to make)


Large (16 inch) pixie stix filled with candy powder (1 for each guest)


Shiny gold paper (thank goodness we're going to Uwajimaya later!)


Star shaped cookie cutter (I don't think I'll need this but whatever)


Permanent black marker


Curling ribbon (we will match the wands that were ordered for the party)


Hot glue gun



Aren't they cute! I'm going to make these ahead and put names on as guests come.


Also, we ordered green wings and wands and I ordered supplies to make fairy halos that we'll do as our craft at the party.

I also have two bags of little pixie sticks that I'll bundle together with ribbon and a tag thanking the kiddos for coming. And we're doing mini cupcakes with fairy dust for the kids to sprinkle on the cupcakes.

Anyone have any other fairy good ideas?

3 comments:

Mom Linda said...

Have you lost your mind? Settle down, girl! (and that goes for my party, too!)
Love your enthusiasm and ability to make a party a real celebration!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

So much fun! I featured your fairy party on TipJunkie.com today. Thank you so much for your inspiration!

Unknown said...

Where did you find the cute fairy wings?